Our Process


Obtain Referral

Mr Chua is happy to see all patients, no matter if they have private health cover or not, and including Workcover, TAC and DVA patients.

Before you come in for your initial consultation, please be sure to obtain a referral from your doctor or GP.

An appointment can be requested by filling out the form on the online booking form. Please be sure to complete and bring in the patient registration form available for download after you have booked your appointment online. This form is also available at reception when you visit.


Initial Consultation

The aim of your initial consultation with Mr Chua is to establish a diagnosis and then weigh up the benefits, risks, and complications of the various options for treatment.

What to bring:

• Referral letter from your Doctor (GP or Specialist).

• X–rays, MRIs, CT (CAT) scans you have related to your condition, and any associated reports

• Any information which may be relevant e.g. previous treatment details, operation reports, physiotherapy reports

• Health insurance details

• Medicare card, DVA card, or pension card if applicable

• For WorkSafe (WorkCover) patients:
o Claim number
o Employer contact details
o Case manager contact details

• For TAC patients:
o Claim number
o Case manager contact details (if applicable)


Confirm Surgery Options

Not all conditions require surgical treatment. For some conditions, a good result can be achieved by non-surgical methods. However, if your condition is more severe or if you are finding it difficult to manage the pain, a surgical option may be suggested.


Undergo Surgery

Surgery can be carried out at one of four hospitals below:

  • Epworth Richmond, Richmond
  • Epworth Freemasons, East Melbourne
  • Epworth Eastern, Box Hill
  • Warringal Private Hospital, Heidelberg


Click here to read more surgery information


After Care & Rehabilitation

Once you undergo surgery, Mr Chua will ensure you receive the right care to have you moving freely in no time. Before you leave hospital, you will see a physiotherapist who will recommend exercises to assist with your recovery. Mr Chua can also help you with a recommendation for a physiotherapist in your local area.